This keto chocolate coconut cream tart ROCKED my family’s socks off… and none of them are keto. It’s surprisingly easy to make this super silky and creamy dessert. Last week I made those berry keto cheesecake bites and if you’re anything like me a tasty dessert after dinner is a must-have. I cut this tart into 16 pieces and was able to have a little slice every night for a few weeks as it stored perfectly in the freezer! To thaw, just take it out while you’re about to serve dinner.
What is the difference between coconut milk and coconut cream?
You can use a can of coconut milk, pop it in the fridge and use the thick white cream part to get coconut cream if you cannot find coconut cream cans at your store. Just drain and use the rest of the milk for another recipe or discard. I like using full fat coconut milk like Unsweetened Organic Full-Fat Coconut Milk or Unsweetened coconut cream.
Okay so how do I make a keto chocolate coconut cream tart?
PREP/REST TIME: 5 hours
COOK TIME: 30 minutes
YIELDS: 12 slices
1/4 cup Allulose
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cans coconut cream
1/2 cup almond butter
4 oz Lily’s dark chocolate
1 cup almond flour
2 tbsp coconut flour
1 tsp xanthan gum
2 tbsp allulose
1/2 tsp himalayan sea salt
2 tbsp ghee
2 tbsp filtered water with ice cubes
8g Net Carbs
13g Total Carbs
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prep and measure your ingredients.
- In a saucepan, heat the allulose, coconut cream, vanilla and almond butter until perfectly melted and mixed. Be patient and do not boil. Keep an eye on the mixture and keep on medium low.
- Remove from heat and stir in the chocolate until the mixture is smooth and the chocolate is melted. No needed to boil, just keep whisking and the mixture will meld together. Refrigerate the mixture to cool while you make the crust.
- To make the pie or tart crust, start by sifting the flours, sweetener, salt, and xanthan gum together. Using a pastry cutter or two butter knives, cut in the ghee until crumbs form like a dough. Add half the water and start kneading into a dough. If it looks dry, add more water. Make sure it is a little sticky to the touch.
- Press the dough into the pie or tart pan, making an even layer of dough. Make sure you go up the sides of the pan as well. Press in holes at the bottom with a fork and bake at 350F for 15 minutes or until the edges brown.
- Once the crust is baked, pour the chocolate filling into the pie tin and place in the freezer for at least 4 hours. Take out to the fridge for an hour when you want to serve.