Are you ready for an authentic Keto Chicken Pad Thai recipe? No Americanized orange version here. This is the authentic noodle recipe! Classic Chicken Pad Thai in Thailand is not orange, some American restaurants use ketchup for color, others use paprika. Neither of these are Thai ingredients, or needed to be added to a keto dish.
What about the authentic ingredients?
Also one of the main ingredients that make Pad Thai, Pad Thai is tamarind paste. It is so high is sugar and carbs I am leaving it out. We well get the authentic flavor from the fish sauce and chili flakes. “Brown” versions of your favorite keto friendly sweeteners will work here too. Healthy Noodle is available at Costco and the most amazing noodle replacement! Also, my nutrition calculator for this recipe is a little WONKY — Healthy Noodle has 2 net carbs per bag. For better results import this recipe into your fave app.
Okay so how do I make Keto Chicken Pad Thai?
Prep 20 minutes
Cook 20 minutes
Ready in 40 minutes
Yields 2 servings
4 tbsp allulose
3 tbsp fish sauce
3 tbsp water
1 tbsp fresh Thai chili pepper
Healthy Noodle by Kibun (1 bag)
2 chicken thighs
2 tbsp diced shallot
2 cloves diced garlic
1/2 tsp dried chili flakes
1/4 cup green onion chopped
1/4 cup chopped peanuts
3 tbsp avocado oil
10g Net Carbs
3 Glycemic Load
- Mix all sauce ingredients in a small mixing bowl and sit aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp of avocado oil over high heat in a wok or a large pan. When very hot, add the chicken and let sear. Flip and finish cooking then remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the remaining tablespoon of avocado oil and turn down to medium. Add the shallots, garlic and chili flakes. Cook until the garlic is fragrant and starting to brown.
- Add the healthy noodle package (drained and rinsed) and the sauce. Turn the heat to high and toss until the noodles are coated in the sauce. Push the noodles to one side of the pan and add the eggs and scramble them gently. Flip everything together.
- Add half the green onion, and half of the peanuts, turn off the heat and mix all together. Plate the noodles, top with the chicken and sprinkle over the remaining peanuts and green onion. Serve with a slice of lime and squeeze over noodles before eating!