One of my favorite dishes for the holiday season is mash! I love a good sweet potato or mashed potato, but I am also a huge fan of this creamy roasted garlic cauliflower mash. A great low carb option is this creamy, dreamy mash with chunks of roasted garlic. I used to always bring either a vegan roasted garlic mac and cheese, or roasted garlic mashed potato, but since going low carb / keto, I wanted to try a keto-friendly version.
Looking for more Thanksgiving keto ideas? Read my Keto Thanksgiving post! And be sure to try the pumpkin tart!
History of Mashed Potatoes
It is said that the original recipe for mashed potatoes originated in 1771 when a French man named Antoine Parmentier held a competition on ways to make potatoes. Other sources say that it was the English who came up with mashed potatoes and gravy, somewhere in the 1600s.
Ingredients for Creamy Roasted Garlic Cauliflower Mash
PREP TIME: 10 min
COOK TIME: 15 minutes
12 oz bag of cut cauliflower
1 tsp chicken bouillon
salt & pepper to taste
1 head of garlic
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp sour cream
1 tbsp butter
Per 1 biscuit
4g Net Carbs
7g Total Carbs
0 Glycemic Load
Instructions for Creamy Roasted Garlic Cauliflower Mash
- Get your garlic started. Cut off the top of your garlic head, and place in foil. Cover the garlic with olive oil and close the foil. Make sure you have enough foil so the oil doesn’t leak out.
- If you have an air fryer you can use that to speed up the process. Will take 40 minutes in the oven at 400º or 20 minutes in the air fryer at 400º.
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Add 1 tbsp of chicken bouillon and boil the cauliflower until tender about 8 minutes. Transfer the cauliflower into the oven at 400º and let dry out for 5-7 minutes.
- Bring your cauliflower to a bowl and mash (I use an immersion blender to get really creamy.) Add the sour cream and butter and whip until creamy.
- Remove the cooked cloves (caution this will be very hot) and gather. Add the roasted garlic to your cauliflower mash mixture. Serve while hot!