This is part of my Week 3: Keto Meal Prep featuring the Turkey Meatballs and Truffle Risotto with the cauliflower cooked with cheese and truffle to make a risotto style low carb option. Served with a fresh side salad of tomato. I didn’t cut the tomato until I ate the meal, and I usually just season with salt and pepper.
After my first week which was not so fun (bland steamed chicken and veggies and avocado… yes that was it) I decided to make things a little more interesting but still hit all my macros. I added 1 avocado every day to hit my fats and also had protein and MCT shakes to meet my muscle recovery requirements as well. Also drank ketones two times a day.
Why Meal Prep is Great!
With meal prep you can easily buy your ingredients, cook, and not have to worry about snacking or making poor food choices. I had three different meals set for the week and had varying meals every day to keep things interesting. It really helps to keep me (a stand in front of the fridge and stare or do the endless Postmates scroll type) stay on track — as do ketones which keep me feeling full before I start eating at 1:00pm.
What are the ingredients for Turkey Meatballs and Truffle Risotto?
Cook Time: 45 min
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 6 servings
2 pounds ground turkey 7% fat
2 tbsp shallots chopped
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
6 small roma tomatoes (~360 grams)
Macros (Per One Serving):
5g net carbs
How to make this Keto Meal Prep: Turkey Meatballs and Truffle Risotto
- Measure and prep all your ingredients and containers. You will need a large baking sheet and a large pot. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix together your ground turkey, shallots, parsley, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Spray the sheet with nonstick cooking spray and take a large cookie scoop and scoop out meatballs (making roughly 15-18). Place in the oven and cook for 40-45 minutes.
- Heat your avocado oil in the pot and cook your cauliflower rice until slightly tender (3-5 minutes). Add the cheese, salt and pepper, and truffle seasoning to taste. Stir until cheese is melted.
- Pull out the meatballs when done and let cool slightly before placing in your meal prep containers. Separate the risotto, meatballs, and tomatoes evenly. (Roughly 2 1/2 – 3 meatballs each, 1/3 cup of cauliflower risotto, and 1 tomato).
- Enjoy and store in the fridge for 3 days or freeze and remove the night before.