This is part of my Week 2: Keto Meal Prep featuring the Stuffed Bell Peppers, Spinach and Tomato Cauliflower Rice. After my first week which was not so fun (bland steamed chicken and veggies and avocado… yes that was it) I decided to make things a little more interesting but still hit all my macros. I added 1 avocado every day to hit my fats and also had protein and MCT shakes to meet my muscle recovery requirements as well. Also drank ketones two times a day.
Why Meal Prep is Great!
With meal prep you can easily buy your ingredients, cook, and not have to worry about snacking or making poor food choices. I had three different meals set for the week and had varying meals every day to keep things interesting. It really helps to keep me (a stand in front of the fridge and stare or do the endless Postmates scroll type) stay on track — as do ketones which keep me feeling full before I start eating at 1:00pm.
What are the ingredients?
Cook Time: 45 min
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 8 servings
1 pound ground beef
4 large red bell peppers
8oz sliced mushrooms
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 1/4 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
16oz fresh cauliflower rice
1 tbsp tomato paste
1/4 cup chicken broth
salt + pepper
16 cups fresh spinach
Macros (Per One Serving):
8g net carbs
5g net carbs
2g net carbs
1g net carb
How to make this Keto Meal Prep: Stuffed Bell Peppers and Tomato Cauliflower Rice
- Measure and prep all your ingredients and containers. You will need a skillet, large pot, and a baking sheet.
- Wash your vegetables and prep you bell peppers. Cut off the stems and remove the seeds. Cut in half and make 8 mini “bell pepper” bowls. Place on a greased baking sheet and put in the oven at 400°F for 20 minutes.
- Heat your olive oil on a skillet and start cooking the ground beef and mushrooms and parsley. Cook until mushrooms are soft and beef is browned and cooked through. Add 2 cups of mozzarella and set aside.
- Pull out the peppers and take a large scoop and evenly distribute in each of the 8 bell pepper cups. Cover with the remaining cheese and put back into oven for 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and brown.
- In the large pot heat 1/2 a cup of water and quickly blanch the spinach and set aside. Discard the water.
- In the same pot add 1/4 cup of chicken broth and tomato paste. Then cook the cauliflower rice in the tomato sauce and season with salt and pepper. Roughly 5-8 minutes or until your preferred doneness.
- Remove the peppers from the oven and let cool slightly before placing in your meal prep containers. Enjoy and store in the fridge for 3 days or freeze and remove the night before.