It’s here, the best keto fathead dough pizza recipe. It was Superbowl Sunday and I was really craving a pizza! And how perfect that today is actually National Pizza Day! I want to share with you a recipe for pizza! You can add whatever toppings you want. I used my regular fathead dough recipe but decided to add Isopure a zero carb unflavored protein powder, it helps give the dough a little strength for the toppings.
What is Fathead Dough?
To make the Best Keto dough/bread replacement try adding cheese. Have you seen the Fat Head movie? I didn’t, I literally am watching it on YouTube right now while I’m updating this post. Well, “fat head pizza” was created by Tom Naughton’s oldest brother’s oldest son. Fathead pizza dough is a gluten-free, low carb and keto dough that is made with mozzarella, cream cheese, egg, and some type of low carb flour.
Ingredients for Keto Fathead Dough Pizza
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
COOK TIME: 15 min
1 cup shredded mozzarella
2 tbsp cream cheese
1 cup almond flour
1 tbsp Isopure Unflavored 0 Carb Protein Powder
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp Italian Seasoning
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 large beaten egg
1/4 cup Yo Mama’s Keto Basil Tomato Sauce
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
Per 1 serving:
7g Net Carbs
10g Total Carbs
2 Glycemic Load
Instructions for Keto Fathead Dough Pizza
- Pre-heat your oven to 400. Start making your “dough” by melting the mozzarella and cream cheese in a microwave safe bowl for 1-2 minutes (at 30 sec increments)
- Mix together your almond flour, protein powder, baking powder and spices in a separate bowl. Mix in the melted cheese and knead to form a dough. Add one beaten egg and mix until combined.
- Transfer your dough to a baking sheet lined with PARCHMENT PAPER (I used foil b/c I was all out) and flatten into a pizza pie shape.
- Now assemble your toppings, spread 1/2 cup of tomato sauce and top with cheese. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove and garnish with fresh basil. Enjoy!