Check out this recipe for an Asparagus + Goat Cheese Chicken Crust Flatbread featuring the chicken crust recipe from Low Carb State of Mind. I am obsessed and cannot wait to use this recipe to make many more pizzas and flatbreads. It holds up great and isn’t flimsy. It tastes delicious and is a great replacement for low carb and keto recipe lovers. If you like fathead dough check out this recipe for pizza I created as well!
Why Chicken Crust?
So one of my favorite recipe makers out there is Jackie over at Low Carb State of Mind and she posted a video recipe making pizza crust from canned chicken and I nearly lost my mind. So delicious and so easy to make. Plus super clean and super low carb! Such a fan!
Ingredients for Asparagus + Goat Cheese Chicken Crust Flatbread
PREP TIME: 30 minutes
COOK TIME: 1 hour 30min
For The Crust
2 cans (14oz total) canned organic chicken
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
seasonings (I used garlic powder, italian seasoning, salt, pepper)
For The Alfredo Sauce
1 clove garlic
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
For the Toppings
10 med spears of asparagus
1 tsp lemon zest
1/4 cup mushrooms
2 tbsp tarragon
1/2 cup goat cheese
2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
salt and pepper
1 tbsp EVOO for greasing the sheet pan
Per 1 serving:
2g Net Carbs
17g Total Carbs
- Preheat your oven to 375°. Prep and measure out all your ingredients.
- Start by creating the crust. Mix in a bowl your canned chicken, egg, and parmesan cheese with seasonings. Transfer to a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and greased with olive oil. Bake for 30 min.
- While baking, create your alfredo and toppings. To make the alfredo, heat your cream in the microwave for 30 seconds – 1 minute or until about to boil. Add in parmesan and one crushed garlic clove, whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- For the toppings, cut your asparagus spears in half and set aside. For the herbed goat cheese, mix the goat cheese with one clove crushed garlic and 1 tbsp tarragon. Set aside.
- When the crust has baked for 30 minutes, assemble your pizza. Spread the alfredo sauce on the crust and add your toppings. I spread the asparagus lined up over the pizza, and dropped tsp dollops of goat cheese. Covered with 2 tbsp of parmesan cheese and the rest of the tarragon.
- Bake for another 10-15 minutes until cheese is browned and bubbly.