Ok, when I say these are the best keto biscuits I am not kidding. I have made pretty good biscuits with your usual suspects, the almond flour, butter, eggs… but the real game changer here is the cheese. Otherwise you get a pretty dense nugget. This recipe mimics (well basically is a fathead dough) but it’s so aerated and fluffy you’ll want to eat every single one of them. (And plus they don’t weigh you down which is so dangerous!) Love this as a side to my dinner, try crispy chicken wings!
What in the heck is a fathead dough?
To make the Best Keto Biscuits try adding cheese. Have you seen the Fat Head movie? I didn’t, I literally am watching it on YouTube right now while I’m updating this post. Well, “fat head pizza” was created by Tom Naughton’s oldest brother’s oldest son. Fathead pizza dough is a gluten-free, low carb and keto dough that is made with mozzarella, cream cheese, egg, and some type of low carb flour.
Okay, so what’s the recipe for the best keto biscuits?
Prep 40 minutes
Cook 25 minutes
Ready in 1 hour, 5 minutes
3 cups mozzarella shredded
1 1/3 cup almond flour
4 tbsp baking powder
8 oz cream cheese
1 tbsp Healthy On You Saffron Salt
3 tbsp butter
4g Net Carbs
5g Total Carbs
2 Glycemic Load
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Heat a medium saucepan and add your cubed cream cheese and mozzarella cheese and mix together until well combined and soft. Keep on medium low so you don’t create a crust.
- Mix cheese together with 4 eggs, baking powder and almond flour. Should feel light and aerated. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Bring biscuit mixture to fridge and let sit for another 15 minutes.
- Melt your butter and mix together the spices you want to flavor your biscuit. I love using italian seasoning or Healthy On You’s flavored salts.
- Butter your pan, tin, or ramekins. If you want shaped biscuits, baking in the muffin tins or ramekins are suggested. For pull apart bread, roll into circles and place in 12in cake pan and bake together.
- Bake the mixture 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and brush with butter mixture. Serve warm! You can keep in fridge and rewarm for later or even freeze!