Are you ready for Keto Zucchini Au Gratin? If you’re feeling the fall weather coming around and getting excited like me, it means it is time to take out the casserole dish and make some delicious decadent sides! One of my favorites, is the keto spin on au gratin potatoes.
What in the heck is an Au Gratin?
The classic gratin originates from France, and it is one of those dishes that never fall from favor. It is thick, has a crispy bubbling crust, and is both thoroughly satisfying and universally appealing. The crusty side dish is usually topped with breadcrumbs or cheese and baked to perfection. Accommodating itself to all styles of cooking and being transformed for all sorts of diets.
Best cheese pairings for Keto Scalloped Zucchini Au Gratin
Some of the best cheese for an au gratin are Gruyere and Parmesan, Mozzarella and Parmesan, Sharp Cheddar, and even Swiss! You could even add some extra cream cheese for a super decadent and creamy cheese sauce. Need dessert? Try the keto cheesecake bites.
Okay so how do I make it?
Prep 15 minutes
Cook 20 minutes
Ready in 35 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
220 g sliced zucchini
50 g cream cheese
1 tbsp salted butter
¼ cup parmesan cheese
½ cup mozzarella
½ tsp xanthan gum
½ tbsp almond flour
1/4 cup heavy cream
3g Net Carbs
4g Total Carbs
- Prep and measure out all your ingredients. Preheat your oven to 400°
- Heat up your butter in a pot over medium. When hot and bubbly add xanthan gum until browned and smelling toasted. Add in almond flour and stir until browned and toasted. Add the heavy cream and whisk QUICKLY until a cream sauce is created.
- Add in your cream cheese and whisk until combined. Add more cream if becomes too thick. Take off heat and set aside.
- In a casserole or baking dish spread 1/4 of the cheese sauce on the bottom.
- Start arranging a layer of zucchini slices around the dish. Top with salt, pepper, parmesan, and mozzarella. Repeat again!
- Place your dish in the oven and cook for 20 minutes. Remove and enjoy!