Happy Halloween! I made these and just had to share! After making by first batch of donuts (check out Keto Pumpkin Donuts) I tried to make a different flavor-way! Super easy to make with the same base, but fun playing with food coloring and adding cocoa powder to make it chocolate.
The cream cheese frosting is superduper easy to whip up, just make sure you mix well as Lakanto can separate. If it is too separated, feel free to transfer to a blender. The mixture of cinnamon, maple and pecan is oh so delightful! My favorite flavors of fall for sure!
YIELDS: 6 Donuts
PREP TIME: 15 min
COOK TIME: 15 minutes
3/4 cup Almond Flour
2 large eggs
4 tbsp keto-friendly sweetener
4 tbsp melted butter
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp Lily’s Chocolate Chips (per donut)
1 tsp Cacao Nibs (per donut)
SERVING SIZE: 1 donut
3g Net Carbs
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a 6 hole donut pan and set aside. Measure and prep all your ingredients!
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, and sweetener. Mix in eggs, butter, and vanilla. (Add cacao powder if you want to make chocolate donuts).
- Spoon into the greased donut pan evenly to make 6 donuts.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until donuts are golden and browned.
- Cool for 5 minutes in pan, then pop over on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Frost when cooled. While baking and cooling, make the frosting. Mix together the cream cheese, butter heavy cream and powdered sweetener. Separate mixture into other bowls if you are going to mix in food coloring. Prepare a piping bag to make the spiderwebs. Hold the donut upside down and dip into the bowl to coat the top.
- Create circles around the hole of the donut to create the first part of the spiderweb. Then take a knife and pull the knife over the first smallest circle to the largest outer circle. Repeat for all donuts.
- Garnish with your toppings like chocolate chips or cacao nibs. Enjoy!